Get out and network in your community. Even better, come to one of these events & have a face-to-face conversation with me!
Unless otherwise marked, admission is free for these upcoming public events. (Private events are, of course, not listed.)
Those interested in having me speak or serve as a panel/forum moderator should send a message. Be sure to include basic information about your meeting or event as well as the date. Provide your contact information so we can compare schedules and narrow down exactly what is needed for your audience.
May 9, 2019
Pints & Politics at Theatre Cedar Rapids (Tickets: $5) — Register
Lynda and Gazette colleagues (political reporter James Lynch and columnists Todd Dorman and Adam Sullivan) offer a freewheeling panel discussion on current political events in a social, happy hour atmosphere. Moderators are Erin Jordan, investigative reporter at The Gazette, and Ben Kieffer, host of River to River on Iowa Public Radio. Doors and cash bar open at 4:30 p.m. Program begins at 5:30 p.m. Come join us!
Pints & Politics events occur throughout the year. Watch for upcoming dates and times here and in The Gazette.
June 20-23, 2019
National Society of Newspaper Columnists Conference, Buffalo, NY
More details TBA
A few past public appearances:
- Ethical Perspectives on the News: Frequent moderator and panelist for this weekly news show produced by the Inter-Religious Council of Linn County
- 2018 Blueprint for Winning Academy: Panelist for discussion on relationships between political candidates and the media. Academy hosted by 50-50 in 2020
- Cedar Rapids Mayoral Forum: Co-Moderator of event sponsored by The Gazette, KGAN-2 and FOX28
- Iowa Ideas Conference: Moderator for placemaking, public transit and urban revitalization panels
- American Association of University Women, Iowa State Conference: Evening keynote speaker
- Cedar Rapids Intersections Luncheon: Keynote speaker. Luncheons are hosted by the Interfaith Alliance of Iowa and the Inter-Religious Council of Linn County
- Learning Forward: Placemaking panel discussion moderator
- Women’s Equality Day Celebration: Keynote speaker for awards ceremony hosted by the Women’s Equality Coalition of Linn County
- Johnson County Hunger Forum: Panel moderator for a series of group discussions on hunger and food insecurity sponsored by the Crisis Center
- Out Loud! Author Series: Provided introduction remarks for several visiting authors at this series of events sponsored by the Metro Library Network