Get out and network in your community. Even better, come to one of these events & have a face-to-face conversation with me!
Unless otherwise marked, admission is free for these upcoming public events. (Private events are, of course, not listed.)
Those interested in having me speak or serve as a panel/forum moderator should send a message. Be sure to include basic information about your meeting or event as well as the date. Provide your contact information so we can compare schedules and narrow down exactly what is needed for your audience.
Pints & Politics at CSPS Hall in Cedar Rapids
More details and registration link coming soon. Lynda and two Gazette colleagues (political reporter James Lynch and columnist Todd Dorman) offer a freewheeling panel discussion on current political events in a social, happy hour atmosphere. Networking and cash bar begin at 5, with the program getting underway at 5:30. Come join us!
More details will be posted closer to the event. Lynda will offer a keynote, Status of Women’s Health Care in Iowa
Pints & Politics events occur throughout the year. Watch for upcoming dates and times here and in The Gazette.
A few past public appearances:
- Ethical Perspectives on the News: Frequent moderator or panel member for this weekly news show produced by the Inter-Religious Council of Linn County
- Iowa Ideas Conference: Moderator for placemaking, public transit and urban revitalization panels
- American Association of University Women, Iowa State Conference: Evening keynote speaker
- Learning Forward: Placemaking panel discussion moderator
- Women’s Equality Day Celebration: Keynote speaker for awards ceremony hosted by the Women’s Equality Coalition of Linn County
- Johnson County Hunger Forum: Panel moderator for a series of group discussions on hunger and food insecurity sponsored by the Crisis Center
- Out Loud! Author Series: Provided introduction remarks for several visiting authors at this series of events sponsored by the Metro Library Network